Relocation of Child

If you are separated from your partner you may want to relocate to a different part of the UK or even permanently abroad. This may be to start afresh, move closer to family, or to take up a new job, whatever the reason, Ashmans Solicitors can offer expert advice and support to enable you to make the move.

Relocation outside the UK requires permission from anyone who has parental responsibility for the child, otherwise the removal could amount to child abduction.


If you and your ex-partner cannot agree arrangements, the court can decide issues for you including:

If you are concerned that your ex-partner may want to take your child abroad without your permission, or if you wish to take your child abroad, our experienced team at Ashmans Solicitors can help and assist you.

Equally, if you have been served with notice from your ex-partner applying to relocate broad you need to contact us immediately so that we can assist you in opposing such an application.  Ashmans Solicitors Family Law Specialists can offer you advice and assistance in all matters relating to internal or external relocation.


If you plan on taking your issue to a family court, you may need to find a trusted family law solicitor to represent you. They can also provide professional guidance and legal advice based on your individual circumstances.

To speak to one of the UK’s leading family solicitors, please call Ashmans Solicitors on 0333 009 6275. You can also email us on or fill in the enquiry form below, and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.


Send Your Enquiry


The service we offer to you is as individual as you are. Due to each matter being different and everyone having different needs and requirements, we know how important it is that you have a law firm to represent you that you can trust to act for you as an individual and not just as a case.

  • We are offer fast, efficient and expert advice immediately.
  • You are given a free initial consultation.
  • Our professional and experienced family law team will always put you and your child's best interest first.
  • We have multi lingual staff on hand to provide you with assistance.
  • Competitive prices
  • High success rate