Fraud & Financial Crime
Ashmans Fraud Solicitors provide defence for a number of cases falling under the fraud and financial crime banner, including identity fraud solicitors. Identity fraud happens when someone commits identity theft and uses the stolen identity to access services or obtain goods by deception. Identity fraud is often committed in order to:
- Open bank accounts and/or get credit cards
- Access benefits, loans, mortgages etc.
- Purchase goods or services
- Take over the victim’s account(s)
- Take out the victim’s phone contract(s)
- Obtain documents (passports, ID cards, driving licenses) in the victim’s name
Please note – identity theft, i.e. stealing someone’s identity, does not constitute identity fraud. Identity fraud happens only when that identity is used to access goods or services such as the ones listed above. There is a great deal of attention in the media about identity fraud and as a result, there is much more focus from authorities too. If you are facing identity fraud charges, you are facing serious fraud offences with potentially very serious consequences too. We do understand that you will be worried about what is going to happen and you will probably be unsure about what to do next. You do need representation and legal advice as soon as possible, so contact us now.
How Can We Help?
Facing these serious charges you will need help as early on as possible and from an identity fraud solicitor who has experience in Fraud defence. Ashmans Solicitors can provide you with exactly that. If you are at the police station being questioned, you are entitled to request free and independent legal advice. This is regardless of your financial status so call us now on 03330 096 275. We can provide you with an experienced Fraud Defence Solicitor. Wherever you are in England or Wales, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so no matter when you need us, we will be there. The law can be complicated so it is important to know what charges you’re facing. Exactly what the implications are of those charges and what will happen next. We will explain all of this to you without using legal jargon, only plain and easy to understand language from our Solicitors In Fraud.
Why Choose Ashmans Solicitors?
You can be sure that we will put into practice all of the years of experience we have and apply that experience to your case. Having represented many clients facing serious fraud charges, including identity fraud, we understand the arguments to make and the questions to ask. Our experienced solicitors, case workers barristers will use proactive approach to your defence case which means that won’t wait for the prosecution to lead the way, we will build our own case and leave no stone unturned. You need an experienced Fraud Defence solicitor acting on your behalf now, so contact us today, we can help.
Why Choose Our Identity Fraud Solicitors?
Whether your legal problem is relating to fraud, criminal law, motoring offences or personal injury, we can help and there are a number of reasons why you should choose us.
- We have specialist Fraud Defence solicitors available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So no matter when you need us, we can be there to give you the expert advice you need.
- Once you have instructed us we will select an experienced barrister. Who will be based nearby, and arrange a conference with them so you can be clear about your prospects
- Ashmans Solicitors has built a reputation as a leading criminal fraud defence practice. Which means that we can put all of our experience behind you and make sure that we get you the best possible outcome. Whatever fraud charges you are facing
- Because we have nationwide coverage, it doesn’t matter where you are in England or Wales, we can help you
- By being meticulous and not leaving any stone unturned when preparing your case. We are more likely to have found anything which may mitigate your charges and help your case
- If you are facing Proceeds Of Crime Act (POCA) proceedings following a conviction for fraud we will be able to help you to reduce the impact on you and your family using our skilled team to prepare for the hearing.