Fraud & Financial Crime
Money laundering falls under the banner of fraud and financial crimes. Ashmans Solicitors provide defence for this type of cases. Money laundering is defined as the act of concealing the transformation of profits obtained through illegal activities. Including corruption – into accountable, legitimate assets.
Activities falling under the banner of money laundering include:
- Structuring (often also referred to as Smurfing). Profits of illegal activities get broken down into small chunks and used to make purchases
- Bulk cash smuggling. Smuggling funds out of a country and deposit them into offshore banks that honour client secrecy
- Trade-based laundering. Disguising the movement of illegal funds by altering amounts on legitimate invoices
- Cash-intensive business. A legitimate business handles large amounts of cash but uses its accounts to deposit illegally obtained money
- Real estate laundering. The profit from illegal activities are invested in the purchase of real estates to be then sold to make the profit look legitimate
- Casino laundering. An individual exchanges illegally obtained money with chips in a casino, then cashes out the chips to claim the money are gambling winnings
- Shell companies/trusts. These are used to disguise the actual owner of a large amount of illegally obtained funds
Charged In Custody
Being faced with charges of money laundering will be extremely upsetting and worrying for you. Furthermore you will also have to consider the consequences for you and your business. Consequently these may have a massive impact on your life. As a result you will probably be feeling stressed about what is going to happen and what you should do next too. We do understand how difficult your situation is. However we can help you to be clear about where you stand legally and to understand what the next steps are for you. Money Laundering is a serious offence but Ashmans Solicitors can help you by being proactive in our approach to your defence.
How We Can Help You
Ashmans Solicitors has a reputation for criminal defence in fraud cases. With money laundering being one of our strengths and we will leave no stone unturned whilst preparing a defence for you. If you are at a police station and you are being questioned about money laundering it is important that you take early advice from a solicitor. You can do this free of charge, regardless of your financial situation. Call our Fraud Solicitors now on our 24-Hour Emergency number: 03330 096 275.
Why Choose Ashmans Solicitors?
Using our highly experienced and expert team of fraud solicitors, caseworkers and barristers. We will do all we can to achieve the best possible outcome for you. Money laundering charges will probably require forensic accountants and other experts to help build your case. We know many experienced people who will be able to assist you with this. You may qualify for legal aid, depending on your financial circumstances. However if not we can discuss your options with you and our rates are competitive. Don’t leave your defence to chance, contact Ashmans Solicitors today to see how we can help.
Why Choose Us for Money Laundering?
Whether your legal problem is relating to fraud, criminal law, motoring offences or personal injury. We can help and there are a number of reasons why you should choose us.
- We have specialist Fraud Defence solicitors available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So no matter when you need us, we can be there to give you the expert advice you need.
- Once you have instructed us we will select an experienced barrister. Who will be based nearby, and arrange a conference with them so you can be clear about your prospects
- Ashmans Solicitors has built a reputation as a leading criminal fraud defence practice. This means that we can put all of our experience behind you and make sure that we get you the best possible outcome, whatever fraud charges you are facing
- Because we have nationwide coverage. It doesn’t matter where you are in England or Wales, we can help you
- By being meticulous and not leaving any stone unturned when preparing your case, we are more likely to have found anything which may mitigate your charges and help your case
- If you are facing Proceeds Of Crime Act (POCA) proceedings following a conviction for fraud we will be able to help you to reduce the impact on you and your family using our skilled team to prepare for the hearing.
Ashmans Solicitors provides defence for money laundering cases across Yorkshire.
Related Article : Fraudulent Investment Schemes