Fraud & Financial Crime
Our fraud and financial crime services include the provision of defence for mortgage fraud cases. Mortgage fraud happens when someone obtains fraudulently a mortgage. Furthermore this usually involves individuals working in association with a complicit accountant, solicitor or surveyor. Discover the possible punishment for mortgage fraud. There are a number different ways in which mortgage fraud can happen, for example:
- Providing false information regarding the value of a property (usually overvaluing it)
- Overstating (or generally lying about) the salary or any other sources of income of the applicant
- Hijacking the normal course of a genuine conveyancing process
- Taking out mortgages in the name of victims of identity thefts or deceased individuals
- Manipulating Land Registry Data in order to take out more than one mortgage on the same address with several lenders
- Allow the sale of properties by changing title deeds without the owner’s knowledge
There is also larger scale mortgage frauds, which includes a complex series of mortgage applications and people too. Whichever type of mortgage fraud you have been accused of, you need advice early on. So contact us today to see how we can help. If you are being questioned or you have been charged with mortgage fraud, you will probably be feeling stressed and unhappy. We do understand how you are feeling, However we can help you to be clear about the charges you are facing. Along with how this will affect you and what the next possible steps for you.
How Can Ashmans Solicitors Help?
Using our skilled and experienced team of fraud solicitors, case workers and barristers we will do all we can to work your case as proactively as possible. Also providing you with a criminal fraud defence team who can give you the best possible outcome in the circumstances. We have developed a reputation as a leading law firm in criminal fraud defence. Consequently you can be sure that you have the best possible team working for you. The law is a complex subject and it is important that you are clear about the charges you are facing. Along with the implications of those charges and the next steps to take. We will make sure you completely understand the process from start to finish. Furthermore we will never use legal jargon either, just plain and easy to understand language. Legal aid is means tested. However if you do not qualify then we do offer competitive rates which we will discuss with you in detail. Don’t leave your future to chance, contact us today.
Why Choose Us For Mortgage Fraud ?
Whether your legal problem is relating to fraud, criminal law, motoring offences or personal injury, we can help and there are a number of reasons why you should choose us.
- We have specialist Fraud Defence solicitors available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so no matter when you need us, we can be there to give you the expert advice you need.
- Once you have instructed us we will select an experienced barrister, who is based nearby, and arrange a conference with them so you can be clear about your prospects
- Ashmans Solicitors has built a reputation as a leading criminal fraud defence practice. Which means that we can put all of our experience behind you and make sure that we get you the best possible outcome. Whatever fraud charges you are facing
- Because we have nationwide coverage. It doesn’t matter where you are in England or Wales, we can help you
- By being meticulous and not leaving any stone unturned when preparing your case, we are more likely to have found anything which may mitigate your charges and help your case
- If you are facing Proceeds Of Crime Act (POCA) proceedings following a conviction for fraud we will be able to help you to reduce the impact on you and your family using our skilled team to prepare for the hearing.
Ashmans Solicitors provides legal defence for mortgage fraud cases across Yorkshire.
Related : Counterfeiting
Our Notable Cases defrauding property