Fraud & Financial Crime
Fraud by False Representation
Fraud by false representation is an offence which falls under the banner of fraud and financial crime. It happens when a person performs a representation which is intentionally untrue or misleading, and it is made with the intention causing a loss to someone else and/or making a gain. Fraud by false representation may be express or implied, and whether the gain or loss takes place it is still considered an offence.
Being accused of fraud by false representation is serious and you will probably be feeling stressed. Along with being upset and worried about whether you will be charged and about the consequences of these allegations too. These charges are normally brought if you are accused of knowingly misleading someone for your own gain. Also and if they have suffered a loss as a result, which would normally be a financial loss.
The Charges For Fraud By False Representation
The charge of Fraud by False Representation may be brought in the case of a business or an individual and when faced with these charges. You may find it difficult to know where to turn or who to speak to for advice. Ashmans Fraud Solicitors can help, so contact us today on 03330 096 275.
How We Can Help
Regardless of your financial status, you are entitled to free and independent legal advice from a solicitor of your choice. If you are at a police station being questioned. The earlier you take advice, the better it is for your case. Stop immediately and call our Fraud Solicitors on 03330 096 275.
There is no doubt that the law can be complicated and confusing. However, we will ensure that you are completely clear about the charges you are facing. Then what will happen next by explaining this is simple and easy to understand language, with absolutely no legal jargon. If you are worried about the cost of having a solicitor to represent you, you may be able to get some help through legal aid. However if not, we offer a flexible approach to our fee structure and offer fixed fees. We will explore if they are appropriate in your circumstances.
Why Choose Ashmans Solicitors?
Our experienced and professional law firm has built a reputation as one of the leading Fraud Defence firms in the country. We will use all of our experience to help you. Our team includes talented solicitors, barristers and case-workers who will work tirelessly to cover every angle. Consequently, we can achieve the best outcome we can for you. We can get a solicitor to you wherever you are in England and Wales. (Scotland and Northern Ireland have a different legal system). 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so contact us now. Don’t take your chances with a solicitor with no specialist Fraud Defence experience. It may be the most costly mistake you ever make. Call us now, we can help.
Why Choose Us?
- We have specialist Fraud Defence solicitors available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So no matter when you need us, we can be there to give you the expert advice you need.
- Once you have instructed us we will select an experienced barrister, who is based nearby. Then arrange a conference with them so you can be clear about your prospects
- Ashmans Solicitors has built a reputation as a leading criminal fraud defence practice. Which means that we can put all of our experience behind you and make sure that we get you the best possible outcome. Whatever fraud charges you are facing
- Because we have nationwide coverage, it doesn’t matter where you are in England or Wales, we can help you
- We are always meticulous and not leaving any stone unturned when preparing your case. Therefore we are more likely to have found anything which may mitigate your charges and help your case
- If you are facing Proceeds Of Crime Act (POCA) proceedings following a conviction for fraud. We promise will be able to help you to reduce the impact. Especially on you and your family using our skilled team to prepare for the hearing.
Ashmans Solicitors provides legal defence for fraud by false representation cases across Yorkshire.
Related Articles: Fraudulent Investment Schemes
What is Fraud By False Representation
This offence is committed when a person dishonestly makes a false representation and in doing so intends to make a gain for himself or a loss for another.
What Is An Example Of Fraud By False Representation
A false representation could be a statement or an act, for example, giving a stolen credit card to a shopkeeper (you are implying that you have the authority to use that card when you don’t) or implying that you have goods to sell on an internet auction site (and you don’t). IE when you deliberately misinform someone for a financial gain.
What Is The Maximum Penalty If Convicted Of Fraud By False Representation
According to the Fraud Act 2006 Chapter 35 on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum (or to both)
on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 10 years or to a fine (or to both)
What Is A Summary Conviction