Are you facing a charge of Dangerous Driving. Then you are facing an extremely serious offence with serious implications if you are convicted. It is crucial that you seek legal advice from our Solicitors Motoring Offences as soon as possible. This is so we can ensure that we provide the best defence for dangerous driving possible in the circumstances. The charge of dangerous driving covers many different things which may happen whilst driving. Consequently this is a more serious charge from careless driving.
What Are The Penalties For Dangerous Driving?
If you are caught driving dangerously at the roadside you will be summoned to court. Once your case is heard you could face:
- A maximum fine of £5,000
- 3 to 9 Penalty points endorsed on your driving licence. Consequently this may result in a totting up of 12 points. Then may result in an additional driving ban on top of the mandatory disqualification
- A mandatory disqualification from driving minimum of 12 months
- Community Service
- Electronically Tagged Curfew
- Up to 2 Years imprisonment
- The revoking of your driving licence if you are a new driver and be required to take your driving test again
- A Criminal Record
Is There Anything I Can Do?
Firstly you should speak to our expert team of motoring offence solicitors. They will be able to identify if there is any mitigation available to use in your defence. Mitigation is where you can demonstrate that there are circumstances which mean that the punishment should be less. For example, if you are of previous good character the judge may decide to offer you a lesser punishment. The earlier you get specialist legal advice, the better it will be for you so call us now.
Related Article : Speeding Offences