If you are facing a charge or Dangerous Driving, you are facing an extremely serious offence with serious implications if you are convicted. It is crucial that you seek legal advice as soon as possible so you can ensure that you provide the best defence possible in the circumstances.
The charge of dangerous driving covers many different things which may happen whilst driving and this is a more serious charge from careless driving.
What Are The Penalties For Dangerous Driving?
If you are caught driving dangerously at the roadside, you will be summoned to court. Once your case is heard you could face:
- A maximum fine of £5,000
- 3 to 9 Penalty points endorsed on your driving licence, which may result in a totting up of 12 points, which may result in an additional driving ban on top of the mandatory disqualification
- A mandatory disqualification from driving minimum of 12 months
- Community Service
- Electronically Tagged Curfew
- Up to 2 Years imprisonment
- The revoking of your driving licence if you are a new driver and be required to take your driving test again
- A Criminal Record
Is There Anything I Can Do?
Firstly you should speak to our expert team of motoring offence solicitors who will be able to identify if there is any mitigation available to use. Mitigation is where you can demonstrate that there are circumstances which mean that the punishment should be less. For example, if you are of previous good character the judge may decide to offer you a lesser punishment.
The earlier you get specialist legal advice, the better it will be for you so call us now.